We do not take request for repeat prescription over the telephone unless you are noted to be housebound on your medical record. We do however have facilities at the prescription ordering direct (POD) which you can telephone on 024 7624 6072 between 8.00am to 5.00pm, or you can use your side slip to tick the items that you require and post it in the repeat prescription box by the front reception counter.
Please allow at least 48 hours before visiting your collection point.
We can only process requests for repeat prescriptions – if you require a new medication you will need to book an appointment or speak to one of our doctors on the telephone.
Information about Repeat Prescriptions
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
- Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- You can order a repeat prescription via this website, using our secure online form or by telephoning the prescription ordering direct (pod) on 024 7624 6072 between 10.00am to 2.00pm.
- Please provide the exact drug names wherever possible.
- Please allow at least 24 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or your chosen chemist.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself.
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home – return them to your chemist
Prescription ordering Direct Service